Lathem Privacy Notice
By visiting Lathem.com, shop.lathem.com and related websites, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Q: What personal information about customers does Lathem gather?
A: The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Lathem. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we may use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Lathem.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Lathem.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Lathem.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please click on unsubscribe from any email message. Though we make every effort to remove your name from future email services, Lathem offers multiple email services and you may need to unsubscribe from each one individually.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide useful features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Lathem's best features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Lathem Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Lathem Time Company controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Lathem Authorized Dealers, these businesses operate independent internet stores or sell offerings to you at sites like eBay.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines on sites like overstocks.com or eBay.com. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Lathem customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Lathem, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Lathem.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Lathem, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
Lathem gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Lathem for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You may log into shop.lathem.com and update or correct your account information. Other forms of information may require a telephone call to Lathem at 404-691-0400.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Lathem website features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those on shop.lathem.com accessed via the sign in feature. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please select unsubscribe from each email service you receive. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Lathem services, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- Products exist to explore products that offer anonymous browsing. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
Lathem does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Lathem.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Lathem.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Georgia. If you have any concern about privacy at Lathem.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.